jueves, 8 de noviembre de 2012


 
 
“The big Fish”

The first time I watch this movie, it doesn´t make me too much sense, I thought that it was confusing, full of fantasy, completely unreal. It was very difficult for me to follow the story, plenty of “back stories” and characters. I think it was because I didn’t have the experience and real conscience of life, because in 2003 I was only 13 years old.

Even though, the movie had really good actors working on it, Ewan McGregor, Albert Finney, Billy Crudup, Jessica Lange, Marion Cotillard, Alison Lohman, Steve Buscemi, Helena Bonham Carter and  Danny DeVito.

It was supposed to be directed by Steven Spielberg, but finally Tim Burton took the challenge and put his sign on it.

A few days ago, I watch the film again, certainly my opinion change about it, it became my favorite movie.

The story show us the relation between father and son, an absent father and a son with lots of doubts about who really was his father, this son built his life listening different stories , as I said before, stories plenty of fantasy . The father is dying, and the son want to discover the real story about his life but he didn’t receive answers, he only receive the same stories that he heard since he was young, but finally he understood why, he realized that not all the things were false and fantasies, he understood that his father was an story teller but an story teller of his own experience, and all the things that he knew during his life were a the consequence of experience.

I enjoy this movie because It makes me think in my relation with my father, we often blame them but I understood that nobody teaches the art of being father.

1 comentario:

  1. I've never watched over a few minutes of this movie, and it's one of those that people really love for some reason. I guess it's very moving?

    ResponderEliminar