jueves, 4 de octubre de 2012


One of the things that I love to do is paint, when I was 14 years I took some lessons of how to draw and paint faces, this started as something to kill  time and in few months became a hobby, I didn’t notice but sometimes I was drawing the whole day.  Since I knew that I love arts I decided to go on learning different techniques and I started to go to a sculptor workshop, in that place I learn how to work with “clay” and cook it to make ceramic, it was a really good experience and I started to feel an “artist”, obviously a child thought, because I didn’t have the skills to consider me like an artist.  Then I enter to the University to study Architecture, people said that was the career where I will learn different things to complement what I used to want to, but that was not real, I entered an I didn’t have time to continue painting, drawing and sculpting, all those things that I used to do were covered by planes, computer and 3D models, and is not the same!. Now that I am finishing my career I would like to return to my passion, maybe complement what I used to do with what I learn in this five years, But I know that I am going to prepare myself, I would like to learn or study more about sculpture, maybe other techniques related with steel, weld and all those staff.

4 comentarios:

  1. What kind of things would you like to sculpt?

    ResponderEliminar
  2. that's true, people still thinking on architecture as a kind of art in the "crafting way", but once there, you start to use computers, to optimize space, look the cost, the constructive system etc... so the craft part start and end with the initial sketch (even the model pieces are cutted in laser...)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. that sucks, everyone thinks that because they enter graphic design, they'll get to draw more and they'll do well, but you hardly ever get to draw. that's kind of what happened to you, and it sucks. I hope you don't give on arts; our passion is what makes us feel alive the most!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Yea, architecture can give you some tools but are not the exact same that you applied in sculpt or drawing. I hope once you finish your carrer, you can continue with the drawing and sculpt, it seems like a passion to you.

    ResponderEliminar